Gluten Free Food Recommendations

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gluten Free Food Recommendations

Post by sunflowerskies »

I recently had to go gluten free due to gluten sensitivity and I was wondering if any GF gossipers had recommendations for what I should eat or what recipes I should try? Thankfully although I cannot eat everything that I used to enjoy, there are great alternatives to choose from and discover!
☕️

Izabella

Re: Gluten Free Food Recommendations

Post by Izabella »

Going GF isn't that hard, you can still get your carbs from rice, potatoes and oatmeal (which should be gluten free)
There's gluten free pasta that doesn't taste different if you make a good sauce filled with a lot of vegetables/flavours
Get gluten free soy sauce
Many chocolate bars don't have gluten in them so just research before you eat something
There's gluten free options for almost anything you can think of.
Remember that beer has gluten.

Just research everything before you put it in your mouth and you'll eventually get used to it.
At restaurants, stick with rice/protein/veggies or potatoes/protein/veggies or a salad with a side of fries, etc.

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by sunflowerskies »

Izabella wrote:Going GF isn't that hard, you can still get your carbs from rice, potatoes and oatmeal (which should be gluten free)
There's gluten free pasta that doesn't taste different if you make a good sauce filled with a lot of vegetables/flavours
Get gluten free soy sauce
Many chocolate bars don't have gluten in them so just research before you eat something
There's gluten free options for almost anything you can think of.
Remember that beer has gluten.

Just research everything before you put it in your mouth and you'll eventually get used to it.
At restaurants, stick with rice/protein/veggies or potatoes/protein/veggies or a salad with a side of fries, etc.
Thank you, I've been doing it for a couple weeks now and it isn't that bad at all and I just have to remember to keep checking labels before I eat or buy! I have yet to buy rice but I think there is some left in my cabinets so I will be sure to keep that in mind! One recipe I've been loving lately is GF Shrimp Fetucinne Alfredo. It's delicious!
☕️

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I can't have gluten since I have celiac disease, so instead of eating hamburgers and hot dogs with buns, I use corn tortillas.

Return to “Food”