:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Emma Blackery

Post by Archmanlia »

CoralCat wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

and then proceeded to never shut up about it even though only about 3 people care :roll:
Whats happened now?

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pastel »

Why are they both wearing Christmas sweaters in that Instagram pic? Is it an old photo? Wouldn't it make more sense to take a new photo if you're saying that you're still together? Is that just me?

ersatz
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ersatz »

Pastel Rage wrote:Why are they both wearing Christmas sweaters in that Instagram pic? Is it an old photo? Wouldn't it make more sense to take a new photo if you're saying that you're still together? Is that just me?
Isn't he making a film right now? They might just not be physically close enough to take a new picture. But it would make more sense to post a new picture instead of an old one.

dancinghippos
Stalker
Stalker

Post by dancinghippos »

Hello ~

I've been a lurker on this forum for about a year now, since I started watching Emma's youtube channel. I love her videos a lot especially her gaming channel Birdy Boots but I've noticed how she continuously makes videos about social media and her hate. Although I enjoy her videos, its tiring to hear her talk about a topic that isn't funny or interesting but rather informative and self-obsessive. I've seen a lot of others comment on this as well.

effanie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by effanie »

God this bitch is insufferable. Her ASMR Friend video started off as a (shitty) comedy and then turned into a half-attempt as social commentary?
Also I couldn't even watch the video of her song for very long. The lyrics were like when you ask an angsty eleven year old to write a song about their angsty eleven year old feelings and the visuals of her hugging the microphone with that ugly hair made it feel like a parody than an actual *thing*. I honestly don't understand why this chick gets so many views, it's like her videos are stuck in a 2009 youtube timewarp.

Post by Guest »

I had watched Emma's videos for a long time (since 2013 really). She was great when she started out but her ego got the better of her and she became high and mighty when she really didn't have to be. Her twitter and Youtube accounts show two completely different personalities. Even with all the video changes and ups and downs I still watched most of her videos, until bit by bit I switched off with a lack of interest, while her videos all became the same type of content, with the same editing with nothing new to show for it (except hundreds of thousands more subscribers). Anyway I hadn't watched her videos for a while so I came across her ASMR friends video. That was really the final straw for me and comparing her recent videos to her 2013-2014 videos, she hadn't changed or grown much as a creator at all. It's a shame really that she set out as a pioneering female creator that was going to bring something new to the table and along the way she turned into the type of youtuber she hates, or maybe secretly loves I don't know. So I finally had to unsubscribe/unfollow her. I do wish her the best and I hope she can navigate the world of youtube to a point where she can be truly happy with the content she creates and herself as a creator while growing her subscriber base.

evelynevelyn
Learner
Learner

Post by evelynevelyn »

Long time lurker... well, you know the story

I don't know actually, but it feels like I'm the only one in the thread that doesn't consider Emma's audio adventures aka songs something good. Might be the fact that when you're a big fan of Paramore, it is very hard not to copycat them (hello, most of fem-vocal pop-rock bands!).
Don't get me wrong, hew audio content is quite alright for the target audience she's reaching out for right now, namely tumblr-peeps. But, but, but..
But her voice is nothing particular. She can sing, yes, but instead of working on her own style, she doesn't grow as a creator of music. Songs as the one she posted some time ago? Where she makes a sad face to a microphone? I don't want to be negative, but it is screaming "I'm fake" and "It seems to sell, so what the hell". EP covers? Hello, Brand new eyes, anyone?
If she could actually stop following people (which is creepy, I'm actually concerned for PewDiePie now) and start doing what she says is right for a change, she would just become a healthier and happier girl. But I am probably being too optimistic haha.

BTW, why didn't anyone write anything about hers and Lukes Radio 1 show? I won't be surprised if she makes a poor boy wear Dan's wig when they hang out together :D

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I don't like her music either, but then I never liked Paramore either. Not my thing. I think a lot of people are just kinda meh about her stuff, and that's why they don't talk about it more. It's not like it's awful, it's just not amazing or anything. I could be wrong though :D

I wasn't aware that they were doing a radio show. Oh bother.

evelynevelyn
Learner
Learner

Post by evelynevelyn »

You're right, my opinion ;D

Big deal. She still needs money to buy a house in Brighton tho..

lanky_midget
Learner
Learner

Post by lanky_midget »

Can anyone confirm the story of pewdiepie saying "when you meet her in person its like she wants you to hate her"

evelynevelyn
Learner
Learner

Post by evelynevelyn »

Was watching her last video on Favourite books (I love those!) and in the suggested videos stumbled across her video with Luke. Long story short, Luke also has a gaming channel (what a surprise!) and it's called... you're going to like it
LukeIsNotGaming
:help:

robertplantswife
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by robertplantswife »

It REALLY seems like she tries to be the "relatable gamer nerd girl" on her channel, and it also seems like she copies dan/ phil, even though I don't watch them it seems that way.

Return to “Emma Blackery”