Dan & Phil Part 52: Handcuffs & Videogames

faith_lea
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 52: Handcuffs & Videogames

Post by faith_lea »

Pistachiyo wrote:Also, time flew so fast while watching the video it did not feel like an hour. Which shows how entertaining it was with very minimal effort.
SO true. They started wrapping it up, and I actually checked how much time was left on the video and was shocked. Especially waiting for it to upload for what felt like forever, though when I saw an hour, I forgave all. It seems like a game I would personally have no patience to play through, but it was definitely an enjoyable watch (how old is it? It has a very 90's feel)

The Dan: "you're huge!" got me. But the follow up of Phil's Star Wars fail, "Luuuuke Eyewalker" had me laughing more. I do hope they continue and play the whole thing, I found it a lot of fun to watch, plus the relaxed feel so many others mentioned. :tu:

timtam
Informer
Informer

Post by timtam »

It was okay. The game itself seems kinda boring (please remember i'm not a gamer so i know nothing of this game) even Dan and Phil seemed fed up with the walking and battles. There were some funny and nice parts (any insight into their life and i'm there) but an hour was too long for me personally. Half an hour/45 mins would have suited me fine. I'm definitely keen to keep watching because it seemed like that was just a set up for the rest of the game so hopefully it gets a bit more interesting.

this is the first time I think I have ever been the negative person on this site. I'm usually so chill

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

loved the video. Dan and Phil were both SO CUTE in it! So relaxed and comfortable and funny. Just so loveable <3
also I gasped out loud when Dan said Phil was huge lol. Phil was also quite inappropriate in this video with the butts, the whole viscosity talk, the dangling things on the frog etc.
however I have to say I am very surprised at the universal love for this game, don't know it at all but from this episode I think it is terrible :?

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

Lol I must say I agree with timtam and daphenaxa. I enjoyed watching them play but the game itself looks pretty boring. Maybe it gets more interesting later.

Either way, I enjoyed their banter even though I found the game boring.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

blueapple_x wrote:Lol I must say I agree with timtam and daphenaxa. I enjoyed watching them play but the game itself looks pretty boring. Maybe it gets more interesting later.

Either way, I enjoyed their banter even though I found the game boring.
I would never play the game myself. I'm not a fan of one mission games that don't allow you to explore or do other things. This first video focused more on introducing the game and what's happening and I think that's why I found it enjoyable. Hopefully it continues to be like that. But honestly as long as THEY'RE entertained I can be entertained just watching them.

ayane
Learner
Learner

Post by ayane »

I really like Undertale. The tutorial is a bit boring but the game gets a lot better as it develops. If they do a pacifist run, we are in for a long haul but I think it's much better. Just bare with it for a bit, it's a low build. Although, as soon as you meet Sans you might get hooked. I love Sans. Though I will concede that the game is not for everyone.

And I'm so glad they decided to play it! I totally thought this was off the table. If this is the way they are setting up for 2016, I'm going to enjoy the year :)

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

I adored the vid! what a great Sunday... first with Phil's ls and now this. Completely pleased. I think this is my fave after the dk minecart one.

I loved their commentary. This is what they should strive for, games they enjoy with quite a nice story and the bants will naturally flow. I really hope they get a high amount of views and they do more soon!
:love2: Image :love2:

lonewolfpack048201
Lurker
Lurker

Dan & Phil Part 52: Handcuffs & Videogames

Post by lonewolfpack048201 »

This is the CUTEST video ever!!

Like...
For serious ...
The amounts of can't ...
That I'm unable to even...
I just ...

Also Phil's fingers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karma_yeah
Talker
Talker

Post by karma_yeah »

:tu: Great video! I'm not a gamer and the game itself definitely wasn't something I'd spend my time on, but I'd watch them play any day! <3

I really appreciated the whole hour. (It didn't seem that long!) I think if they had tried to make a shorter video, the game would have seemed rushed.

I SOOO hope they see that they can do this on a regular (is weekly too much to ask?!) basis. Just turn on the camera, play the game, have fun. And everyone will love it. A win/win. :D
What goes around, comes around.

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

Can we talk about this moment tho:

*character is being sentimental about leaves(?)*
Dan: this character knows how to appreciate the little things
Phil: like me
Dan: you're huge

I'm so confused. like- Dan could have been talking about Phil's height, but that seems so unrelated to the moment. And Phil was probably making an innuendo. So it makes sense that Dan would be talking about penis size. Someone tell me if i'm interpreting this wrong. I guess if Dan thought it was transparent/ intending his comment in that way, he would not have put it in the video.

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

Can we talk about this moment tho:

I'm so confused. like- Dan could have been talking about Phil's height, but that seems so unrelated to the moment. And Phil was probably making an innuendo. So it makes sense that Dan would be talking about penis size. Someone tell me if i'm interpreting this wrong. I guess if Dan thought it was transparent/ intending his comment in that way, he would not have put it in the video.

haru
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haru »

spaceguitarr wrote:Can we talk about this moment tho:

"knows how to appreciate the little things"
phil's "like me" refers to him considering himself to be a person who appreciates the little things
dan's "you're huge" was dan thinking phil referred to himself as a "little thing", which would be silly since he's over 6 feet tall.

akui
Informer
Informer

Post by akui »

Ohhhwww i like this game vid. But i doubt they will do another hour long LP. It's not very vewer friendly imo. But i guess they thought of that however it's was an intro so they had to put it all up. I hope we get some more 20-30 mins long LP throughout Jan and Feb. Don't leave us hanging for another month please.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

You asked for it and you shall receive, please continue here <3

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=25268
Credit:amazingfiru

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”