Brightest Bulb In the Box

Brightest Bulb In the Box

Post by Guest »

Does anyone else read this?

The lady that writes this is named Robyn, and she's my favorite blogger at the moment. She does product reviews, mostly, but then she sets herself apart by actually using science and math to determine if a product lives up to its claims or is actually a good deal. She's also pretty damned funny.

She's done a few Mega-Comparison posts:

Eyeshadow Primers: http://www.brightestbulbinthebox.com/20 ... imers.html
Face Primers: http://www.brightestbulbinthebox.com/20 ... imers.html

And has a pretty interesting segment called Beauty Bullshit:

Revlon: http://www.brightestbulbinthebox.com/20 ... na-27.html
Philosophy: http://www.brightestbulbinthebox.com/20 ... me-in.html

Mew
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brightest Bulb In the Box

Post by Mew »

I actually found her from here! She's my favorite atm as well.. she's hilarious!

exquisite
Talker
Talker

Post by exquisite »

I really love her! She's one of those bloggers who's posts I always read whenever they come up in my feed. I also really like how she justifies product prices per ounce.

littlewing
Learner
Learner

Post by littlewing »

I like her but I think she comes across as bitchy the majority of the time. Also, I can't stand how she has her mouth hanging open in all of her pictures.

qetui
Learner
Learner

Post by qetui »

littlewing wrote:I like her but I think she comes across as bitchy the majority of the time. Also, I can't stand how she has her mouth hanging open in all of her pictures.
I completely agree. It's one thing to be smart and funny and another to be rude and stuck up. I think she's really informative and smart but I can't stand her attitude. And her hair looks dirty and oily half the time!

acathla
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by acathla »

I love her. So funny and full of actual useful information. I kinda hate the face she is always making in her photos, but I can live with it. I can see how she might come across as bitchy, but it doesn't bug me.

lizdutchess
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lizdutchess »

Hello! First post here. I am a big fan of her blog. It is so informative and her narration is pretty hilarious most of the time. I actually found her through reddit and she is actually very helpful on there and doesn't exude that attitude others have mentioned in this thread.

www.reddit.com/u/intangiblemango is her handle on reddit if anybody's interested.

WKDGG
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WKDGG »

I think her blog is awesome! I love her honesty and the way her personality comes across so well. You can tell she's exactly the way she writes, if that makes sense. Her sciencey posts are great too, a real difference and unique in the beauty blogging world. Also, she's not like Caroline Hirons and trying to tell people what to use and stuff, just using her own knowledge and brain to figure stuff out.

katelynbby
Learner
Learner

Post by katelynbby »

I don't find her to be mean at all. Her reviews can be scathing, but she's always polite to everyone who leaves comments and frequently tries to take neutral ground when it comes to corporate beauty drama.

LissaXavier
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LissaXavier »

To me she comes across nasty and rude and I don't think there's a need for all of her F-bombs and cursing- so unprofessional! She acts like she knows what she's talking about with her so called "science" background, but she's not always right. Like this post about a supposedly "moldy" lip gloss pot in her Wantable subscription box-http://www.brightestbulbinthebox.com/20 ... w.html?m=1
I subscribe to Wantable and got an email from them regarding the so-called mold shortly after her post went live (so I'm sure they were, in part, responding to her). Turns out it was just a separation of the polyethelyne wax due to temperature changes and not mold at all. I've seen that happen in lip gloss pots all the time, its pretty common. But she caused mass hysteria and had all of her followers panties in a twist over it, saying they were going to complain to Wantable. She should get her facts straight before she goes and bashes a company for no reason. Waaayy to intense and harsh IMO.

drollgirl
Debater
Debater

Post by drollgirl »

I like her, at least a lot more than other "beauty bloggers." I can see where she comes off as rude, but she's always so kind in the comments. So, I don't think it's directed at readers, but is just her general writing style. Anyway, it doesn't bother me. She taught me that vitamin e oil isn't good for scars and I'm happy enough about that :D

bethrose
Talker
Talker

Post by bethrose »

I like how indepth she is with her reviews, she always posts lost of pictures and things. It's world's better than other bloggers who just take a photo of the product and are like 'it's so great'

ThatsMyPotPie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ThatsMyPotPie »

Unfortunately, it seems like she only reviews boxes nowadays. She rarely posts as often as she used to and when she does, it's just box after box of underwhelming dreck. The quality of her blog has changed for the worst.

xfactor
Talker
Talker

Post by xfactor »

^yes, seems to be only boxes. its a shame, i loved her other posts. i will still read her as i love her style of writing and enjoy what she has to say but id love to see more from her.

Mamamy
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Mamamy »

Does anyone know what happened to her? No posts since Black Friday 2014...

bethrose
Talker
Talker

Post by bethrose »

No idea. I posted on her fb page late last year and she didn't reply. She was active on reddit, I wonder if she still posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Adored Bloggers”